AJWS Bakery project
GWED-G launched in 2022 a new project consisting in training women in bakery and business skills.
The main objective of the project is to empower Gulu women economically through a training in bakery, business skills and communication to be able to open a sustainable business on their own in Gulu or in the region.
Gulu City and the Northern Uganda region in general are still poorly developed in terms of services. As the population is mainly rural, it is sometimes difficult for them to start small businesses that can generate a small regular profit and thus improve their living conditions.
It is in this context that this project is designed to enable more than 50 women to be trained to open their own small bakery business.
At the end of the training, trained women will have gained the following skills:
- Produce qualitative bakery products
- Planning and budgeting
- Keeping proper records of stocks and sales
- Learn how to start a small business
- Produce communication material and increase the number of customers
AJWS is the funding partner of GWED-G for this project. Find more about their work on their website.
- Interview of Akot Lili, participant in the training (to be published)